Most of the writings are in the original languages, Italian and the Latin. These languages are indispensable for a specialist in San Alfonso. But studies can be found in the most important languages.
Therefore among others, the Italian has been maintained like one of the three official languages of the Congregation, with English and Spanish.
In mentioned site it has been digitizing and raising to the Web the numbers of Spicilegium Historicum Congregationis Sanctissimi Redemptoris. This one is the Publication specialized on the History of the Redemptorists. Its first number was published in 1953 by initiative and will of the General Superior Fr. Leonardo Buijs.
Web Site with Accurate compilation on St. Alphonsus
Salvatore Brugnano is an Italian Redemptorist priest of the Province of Naples that for years has been dedicated to reunite, to digitize and to spread in the Web works of St. Alphonsus Maria de Liguori. Its work has been hugh and pioneering. The far from easy task to reunite all the original writings of St. Alphonsus was a true challenge, due to the amount of writings left out of the pen of the Founder of the Redemptorists. The work was possible thanks to the Redemptorist Libraries, among them the one of Pagani and the one of Rome and of other communities. Some collaborators have made their contributions, especially the General Government, the Historical Institute of the Congregation and a good number of Scholars and authors, old, recent and present.
Acerbo, St. Alphonsus Bishop
Fr. Salvatore Brugnano, C.Ss.R.
Published in 1961
Statue of St. Alphonsus in the
square of the Cathedral of
Santa Agata dei Goti
The Founder Redactors were:
RP. Iosephus Löw
RP. Orestes Gregorio
RP. Andreas Sampers
Fr. Brugnano informs that number 9, published in 1961 has special importance when we celebrate the 250 anniversary of the Episcopal Consecration of St. Alphonsus, carried out the 20th of June of 1762. The mentioned number contains referring texts to that period of the life of the Founder.
St. Alphonsus new bishop
14th of June, 1762 nomination of Bishop by the Pope Clement XIII.
20th of June,1762: Episcopal Consecration in Rome.
11th of July, 1762: Entrance of Monsignor de Liguori in the diocese of Santa Agata dei Goti